Netflix and chill? That’s so 2023. For couples looking for something to watch in 2023, it’s time to upgrade your Netflix night into something a little more special. Between romantic comedies, thrillers, and suspenseful dramas, there are plenty of great shows waiting to be binged on Netflix. Whether you’re looking for shows that will make you laugh or cry, here are Netflix shows couples can binge watch together in 2023. Get ready to snuggle up with your partner and enjoy!
What is Netflix?
Netflix allows users to watch television shows and movies on their computers, tablets, smartphones, and televisions. The company offers its services in over 190 countries. Netflix has over 130 million subscribers worldwide.
The company was founded on August 29th, 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph. The two had previously worked together at Pure Software. Randolph had the idea to start a company that would allow people to rent movies online and return them by mail. Hastings was initially hesitant but after a failed attempt to sell his own software company for $700 million, he decided to join forces with Randolph.
Netflix officially launched its streaming service in 2007. Users were able to watch movies and television shows on their computers without having to wait for them to arrive in the mail. The service was an instant success. In 2010, Netflix introduced its Instant Watch feature which allowed users to streamed movies and television shows directly on their devices without having to download them first.
Today, Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services available. It offers a wide variety of content for its users to enjoy including original programming that can only be found on Netflix.
The Different Types of Shows on Netflix
1. The Different Types of Shows on Netflix:
Netflix has a wide variety of shows that couples can enjoy binge watching together. From comedies and dramas to documentaries and reality TV, there’s something for everyone on Netflix.
Here are some of the different types of shows that couples can binge watch on Netflix:
Netflix has a great selection of comedy shows that couples can enjoy binge watching together. From classic sitcoms like Friends and Seinfeld to modern hits like The Office and Parks and Recreation, there’s something for every couple to laugh at on Netflix.
For couples who want to get lost in a good story, Netflix has plenty of dramas to choose from. Whether you’re looking for an epic historical drama like Game of Thrones or a gripping crime drama like Breaking Bad, you’ll find it all on Netflix.
If you and your partner are interested in learning more about the world around you, then check out some of the great documentary offerings on Netflix. From food documentaries like Chef’s Table to environmental docs like Planet Earth, there’s something for everyone on this streaming service.
For couples who can’t get enough reality TV, Netflix has a ton of great options to choose from. If you’re into competition shows like Survivor or Amazing Race, or if you just want to watch people living their everyday lives in series like Cheer or Tiny House
The Best Shows to Watch as a Couple
There are plenty of great shows out there that couples can enjoy binge watching together. Here are a few of our favorites:
‘Breaking Bad’: If you’re looking for a thrilling ride, look no further than ‘Breaking Bad.’ This show follows the story of Walter White, a high school chemistry teacher who turns to cooking meth to make money for his family after he’s diagnosed with cancer. The show is full of twists and turns, and will have you both on the edge of your seats the whole time.
‘The Office’: One of the most popular shows on Netflix, ‘The Office’ is a must-watch for any couple. Following the everyday lives of employees at the fictional Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, this show is sure to get you both laughing out loud. You’ll be able to relate to the characters and their quirky antics, making it all the more enjoyable to watch together.
‘Grey’s Anatomy’: For couples who are looking for a bit of romance (and drama), ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ is the perfect choice. This long-running medical drama follows the personal and professional lives of surgeons at Seattle Grace Hospital. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, but most importantly, you’ll be hooked from start to finish.
How to Binge Watch Together
There’s nothing quite like curling up on the couch with your partner and binge-watching your way through a new show. But if you’re not careful, it can quickly turn into a marathon session of mindlessly scrolling through Netflix. That’s why we’ve put together this list of shows that are perfect for couples to watch together. From comedies to dramas, there’s something for everyone.
1. The Office: This classic sitcom is the perfect show to watch with your significant other. Not only is it endlessly quotable, but it’s also full of relatable characters and situations. You’ll be laughing (and cringing) along with Michael Scott and the gang in no time.
2. Parks and Recreation: Another great option for couples is Parks and Recreation. This mockumentary-style show is full of heart and humor, and you’ll quickly fall in love with the lovable cast of characters. Plus, it’s set in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana, so you might just get a few ideas for your next road trip.
3. Friday Night Lights: If you’re looking for a more serious show to watch with your partner, look no further than Friday Night Lights. This critically acclaimed drama follows the trials and tribulations of a high school football team in small-town Texas. It’s sure to keep you on the edge of your seat (and maybe even shed a few tears).
4. Stranger Things: One
Tips for Watching Netflix Together
If you and your partner are looking for a new show to watch on Netflix together, here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect one:
1. First, take into account both of your interests and taste in TV shows. If you’re both comedy fans, for example, Brooklyn Nine-Nine or The Office might be good options.
2. Once you’ve narrowed down the genre, think about what type of story you want to watch. If you’re in the mood for something lighthearted and easy to follow, try a sitcom like Friends or New Girl. If you’re looking for something a little more intense, a drama like Grey’s Anatomy or Stranger Things might be more up your alley.
3. Once you’ve decided on the general tone and story you want to watch, it’s time to start narrowing down your options even further by considering things like setting, characters, and plot. For example, if you want to watch a show set in space, The Expanse might be a good choice; if you’re interested in watching a show with strong female characters, Jessica Jones could be a good fit; and if you want to watch a show with an intriguing mystery at its center, Lost is definitely worth checking out.
4. And finally, once you’ve settled on a few potential shows, it’s time to do some research! Read reviews from other viewers (trust us, there are plenty out there), check out clips or
With so many Netflix shows to pick from, you and your partner can easily find the perfect show or two to binge watch together. From comedy shows, drama series, and even animated programs, there is something for everyone on this list of Netflix Shows Couples Can Binge Watch Together in 2023. So, grab a bowl of popcorn and settle down on the couch with your loved one – it’s time to start streaming!